Monday, December 31, 2007

What am I grateful for looking back at 2007?

I usually note down what I feel grateful for most weeks. And having more time over the holidays I started to contemplate everything that had happened during the last year. And then suddenly a few days ago when looking back at 2007 I realized that I felt grateful for everything. Yes, EVERYTHING. I felt startled for a moment. Do I really mean it? Look again – and I did. Yes was the answer, I am grateful for everything. For everything that I recognized as a blessing straight away, and for everything that was a challenge, a difficulty and that I recognized to be an important part of my growth, a blessing sometime later. Now if I would want to grade my gratefulness then the outcome would look something like that:

Most grateful for list
  • The awareness that all difficulties are opportunities for growth
  • Realizing that being in-joy with myself brings joy to whatever situation I am in
  • The awareness that being in-joy with myself means to embrace all aspects of myself and not being against anything I feel or think – no judgement
  • The love and support of my husband
  • Good health and Yoga
  • All the inspiring teachers I have worked with including my coach
  • Having the courage to follow my intuition and walk my path
  • Opportunities to encourage and help others to walk their path too
  • Connecting with others in workshops and coaching sessions
  • Learning from the world around me
  • Old movies, good friends and living close to nature.

I invite you to do the same. Take a look, make a list and share it with others on this blog, just enter your list as a comment. I would love to hear what YOU are grateful for.

No comments: